First Posted July 2014
- Director of Personnel moved from $74K to $90K--a $16K annual increase
- Director of Fiscal Services moved from $74K to $90K--a $16K annual increase
- Together the 2 administrative wage increases total $32K.
On June 30, 2014 due to financial uncertainty, the
Union for the Calaveras Unified support staff--CSEA--was denied a negotiated wage increase.
- From the citizen's point of view (or the point of view of CSEA) the CUSD Superintendent negotiated a wage increase for 2 members of the CUSD administration team while ignoring the voice or need of the district's lower paid support staff.
- There does not seem to be a justification that can adequately explain or allow such dramatic wage increases during this critical time of financial instability.
1. These wage increases shows favoritism to administration.
2. These wage increases create a wedge of distrust and unrest between the CUSD administration and the district's support staff (CSEA).
3. These wage increases were not fully and completely explained during the June 24th meeting and gives the appearance of manipulation and deceit.
4. These wage increases appear to cause (or add to) the district's current and ongoing financial distress.
5. These wage increases make it harder for the public to fully believe in the district's ongoing claim of transparency.