Letter to the Editor by Darren Spellman 12-21-13
Calaveras Enterprise 11-22-13
by Stephen Crane
Terms and Definitions
· To describe (someone or something) in a false way especially in order to deceive someone: to give someone a false idea about (something or someone)
· To give a false or misleading representation of usually with intent to deceive or be unfair--misrepresenting the facts.
· To serve badly or improperly as a representative of
· The breach of an oath or promise.
· The deliberate, willful giving of false, misleading, or incomplete testimony under oath.
· The voluntary violation of an oath or vow either by swearing to what is untrue or by omission to do what has been promised under oath: false swearing
· An accomplice is a person who actively participates in the commission of a crime, even though they take no part in the actual criminal offense.
· A display of partiality toward a favored person or group.
· The state of being held in special favor.
· Use of superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants
· Dishonest actions that destroys people's trust in the person or group
· Dishonest or illegal behavior especially by powerful people (such as government officials or police officers)