FIRST POSTED AUG. 2013
The CUSD school board recently voted in favor of pursuing a concept design for a $4 million dollar (300 seat) performing arts center--$3 million for the building and $750,000 for new design and DSA approval.
|Cracks & Weeds: CHS Tennis Courts|
As CUSD moves forward in the pursuit of a performing arts center, there is increased urgency and concern as the last time the board (and Superintendent) went down this very same path it cost the district (and the community) $48,000.00 dollars to cancel the loan/COP set in place to fund the proposed performing arts center. I fear there will again be financial miss steps (poor decision making and cost overruns) that will greatly cost the district (and the community) and take away the district's ability to keep and maintain qualified teachers and classified staff.
|TMS Basketball Court|
|TMS Food Service Trailer|
|Valley Springs Elementary|
Current and Urgent Needs:
- Toyon Middle School lacks a kitchen (health/safety/dignity)
- JLE lacks a complete ingress and egrees (safety)
- District-wide: remove and replace aged portable classrooms (health/dignity)
- Replace aged classroom carpeting (health/dignity)
- Replace aged campus fencing--district wide (safety)
- Playground, Sports, & PE areas repair/resurfacing--district wide (health/safety)