Statement of Ethics
A management, supervisory or confidential school employee's behavior must conform to an ethical code. The code must be idealistic and at the same time practical, so that it can apply reasonable to all. The professional acknowledges that the schools belong to the public they serve for the purpose of providing educational opportunities to all and provides professional leadership in the school and community. This responsibility requires standards of exemplary professional conduct. It must be recognized that the professional's actions will be viewed and appraised by the community, associates, and students. To these ends, the professional subscribes to the following statements of standards.
The management, supervisory, confidential school employee:
- Makes the well-being of students the fundamental element in all decision making and actions.
- Fulfills professional responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
- Supports the principle of due process and equal treatment under the law.
- Obeys local, state, and national laws and does not knowingly join or support organizations that advocate, directly or indirectly, the overthrow of the government.
- Implements the governing board of education's policies and administrative rules and regulations.
- Pursues appropriate measures to correct those laws, policies, and regulations that are not consistent with sound educational goals.
- Avoids using positions for personal gain through political, social, religious, economic, or other influence.
- Accepts academic degrees or professional certification used in relationship with professional responsibilities only from duly accredited institutions.
- Maintains the standards and seeks to improve the effectiveness of the profession through research and continuing professional development.
- Honors all contracts until fulfillment or release.
- Seeks to involve the public and keep them honestly informed.
- Recommends the employment, development, promotion, and retention of the best possible personnel to assure a quality education program.